Rates are per person per night sharing, including VAT
Single supplement: 50% of the per person sharing rate
We accept a maximum of 1 (one) child sleeping in the Private Chalet on
a stretcher bed;
- children between the ages of 0 and 5 years stay freeof
- children between the ages of 6 and 15years pay 50% of the
per person adult rate when sharing the room with two adults;
- children above 15 years sleep in their own room
- your estimated time of arrival and departure
and mode of transpor
- any special dietary requirements
- a contact number while traveling
- the names of all the guests in the party
- the ages of children, if any
- rooming lists (Twin, double who sharing with who)
- any specific additional request (anniversaries,
- Rates are for up to 4 adults and 2 children, including VAT
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- Luxury accommodation
- Free WiFi internet in your room and all lodge areas
- Stocked Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary tea
& coffee in your room
- NEW from 1.1.2019: Well
stocked minibar in your room
- 2 game drives of 3 - 3.5 hours each in an open game viewer,
accompanied by a qualified ranger
- Complimentary sundowners on game drive
- All meals and snacks on a full board basis (includes
breakfast / brunch, high tea, dinner, bottled water)
from 1.1.2019: Selected local drinks which includes a
personal selection of house wines, spirits, soft drinks,
tea’s and coffees
- Lunch on your day of arrival (upon request)
- Emergency Medical Assistance
- Pick-up and drop-off at Madikwe's Western airstrip
- Madikwe Game Reserve Gate Entry Fee: VAT
to change without prior notice.
- Madikwe Conservation Levy: VAT inclusive, subject
change without prior notice.
- All beverages not explicitly mentioned as included
1.1.2019: All premium rated wines, spirits and imported
champagnes, cigars & cigarettes
- Massages, bushwalks, laundry, curios, excursions,
All excluded items not prepaid by the guest can be paid at check-out.
- A minimum stay of 2 (two) nights is required on week-ends
(Friday / Saturday); a minimum stay of 3 (three) nights is required
during Peak season ( 14 Dec
2018 - 1 Jan
- Bookings for one night on Fridays or Saturdays are only
permitted no more than 5 days before the day
of all ages are welcome at Rhulani Safari Lodge.
under 12 are permitted on safari at the sole discretion of the field
under the age of 6 are not permitted on safari, except if on a private
private vehicle safety needs to be considered and it remains the
ranger’s decision whether certain sightings can be viewed
whilst accompanied by small children.
drive can be organized for smaller children not joining game
offers a complimentary children’ s kit. There is a
kiddie’s corner equipped with toys and DVD’s. We
offer a children’s menu option.
- Babysitting service
is available at an extra cost.
time is 2.00 pm (gate closes at 9.00pm, no exceptions)
time is 11.00 am (gate opens at 6.00am – no exceptions)
We try as much as possible to adapt the day's program to your
individual arrival and departure times. However, at high occupancy we
must adhere to our strict times in the interest of all guests.
Check-out times are binding. For late arrivals to participate in the
afternoon game drive is no longer possible.
Our game drives take place in the Madikwe Game Reserve (Big 5 Reserve)
under the guidance of qualified rangers in three open landcruisers. The
allocation of the guests to the vehicles is under the responsibility of
the Ranger. We consider the customer wishes as much as possible, in
order to ensure that groups and families stay together, and that there
will be sufficient space on each vehicle. The maximum number of guests
on a vehicle is 7 (seven), so that the middle seat will be left free,
for the comfort of the guests. In order to respond to exceptional
situations such as unexpected unavailability of a vehicle or the wish
of bigger groups or families staying together, we maintain the right of
using the maximum capacity of 10 (ten) guests per vehicle.
- Morning game drive departs from reception between 5.00am
(January) and 6.30am (July).
- Afternoon game drive departs after High Tea between 3.00pm
(July) and 4.30pm (January).
Please note that the departing times of game drives are subject to
seasonal changes and depend on weather conditions. Exact departing
times are communicated to the guest at check-in.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- A 50% deposit of the above total amount is required to
confirm any reservation. Full payment of the balance is due 30 days
prior to arrival. Bookings within 30 days require full payment upfront.
The following cancellation terms and conditions
will apply to reservations which are cancelled in part or in full as
- Only written cancellations are accepted
- Cancellation up to 30 days prior to arrival: 25% of the
total amount will be due
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days prior to arrival: 50%
of the total amount will be due
- Cancellation between 14 and 0 days prior to arrival: 100%
of the total amount will be due
- Refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee.
Departure Prior to Check
Guests checking out prior to the scheduled departure date are not
entitled to receive a refund for the nights not used. Exceptions can be
made in case that Rhulani Safari Lodge fails to provide promised
essential services, such as non-availability of confirmed room
category, impossibility to conduct the scheduled game drives or
cancellation of meals. The following circumstances are not considered
as failure to provide essential services: Bad weather conditions,
rescheduled game drives because of weather, unstable or unavailable
guest internet, quality of food, dissatisfaction with room
infrastructure or cleanliness, or quality of game viewing.
- No pets allowed
- All firearms need to be declared at the Main Gate
- Gates open at 6.00am and close at 6.00pm
- It is important to drive carefully and be aware
of village pedestrians, domestic animals and children.
- Speed limit in the park is 40km per hour
Water cascades gently into the meandering rock pool around which you will find ample sun or shade provided by beautiful old Marula trees, an ideal spot for quiet contemplation. Indoors and outdoors merge effortlessly at Rhulani, ensuring you magnificent views of the bush.
Sit and meditate awhile; your comfort is assured as you relax surrounded by earthy rich African colour and our warm hospitality. During the day you can go on short walks with the ranger after breakfast, or lounge in the double hammocks around the swimming pool sipping your favourite drink. Alternatively, laze away the day in our spacious bush bar and deck overlooking the riverbed and watering hole. For exclusive tranquillity there is a tree house about 2.5 kms from the camp overlooking a dam, where we can leave you for an hour or two with blankets and big comfortable pillows as well as a cooler box with drinks.
In the evening you will be treated to pre dinner drinks in the traditional boma around the fire, followed by one of Umlani's award winning meals in the candle lit dining room, or out in the open riverbed surrounded by flares and cauldron fires.
Our beautiful conference centre, which accommodates up to 30 delegates around our unique leadwood conference table. Conferences can be organised from a to z through our reservations to suite your itinerary. We have nine rooms available at Rhulani however overflow can be arranged at our neighbouring 5 star lodge.
We recommend exclusivity for conferencing. 9 rooms available. Indoor / outdoor. Formal / informal. Standard equipment and Data projector available. 9 luxury suites available Inhouse conference organisation team available to help you.
The suggested route from Johannesburg is via Krugersdorp, Magaliesburg, Derby, Koster, Swartruggens and Zeerust.
From Johannesburg head north west on R24 to Magaliesburg
Once in Magaliesburg, follow Route 509 to Derby, Koster and Swartruggens
From Swartruggens follow the N4 “Toll Road” to Zeerust
Once in Zeerust, turn right at Gabarone/Madikwe signs on Route R49.
Pass the Abjaterskop Gate (first entrance to Madikwe), 7Kms before the Wonderboom gate
Enter Madikwe Game Reserve at the Wonderboom gate, 97Km north of Zeerust
Succumb to the peace and tranquility of this spectacular setting. Enjoy the total privacy of your own private plunge pool while you relax in the spacious luxury of your private chalet. The 7 chalets are air-conditioned for warm summer evenings and have a Morso fireplace for the cool winter nights. All rooms are fully equipped with coffee and tea stations and a fully stocked bar fridge. The en-suite bathrooms have an oval bath, twin basins; both in and outdoor showers.
The 2 bedroom luxury family suite has 2 en-suite bedrooms, with outdoor showers, all the rooms lead on to the private deck with plunge pool. The bedrooms have air-conditioning and Morso fireplaces. The extra-large bedrooms can accommodate 2 comfortable stretcher beds for children or the lounge can be converted into 2 single beds. Massage treatments in the privacy of your room or on your private deck. Wireless internet connection free of charge is available in each chalet.