For the most part those lodges in the western part of the Game Reserve are accessed by the Wonderboom Gate. Lodges located in the central and eastern part of the Game Reserve are accessed via the Abjaterskop Gate.
Entrances to the Madikwe Game Reserve
- Abjaterskop Gate
- Wonderboom Gate
- Tau Gate
- Derdepoort Gate
- Motledi Gate
On confirmation of your lodge booking we will provide you relevant directions to your lodge.
- From Johannesburg head north on the N1 towards the N4 Toll road.
- Take the N4 Toll road north west towards Rustenburg, Swartruggens, Groot Marico and Zeerust.
- Once in Zeerust turn right at the second stop street into President Street. There is a signpost on the left. that says "Madikwe Game Reserve/Gaborone" and a First National Bank on the corner to the right.
- Follow the R49 towards the reserve for approximately 97km.
- The first entrance to the reserve is Abjaterskop Gate.
- The second gate to the reserve is the Wonderboom Gate exactly 7km from the first gate.
- Gaborone Airport (Botswana) - Madikwe 28km
- Johannesburg - Madikwe 360km
- Pretoria - Madikwe 400km
- Zeerust - Madikwe 100km
An executive daily air shuttle service operates from the Johannesburg International Airport to Madikwe Game Reserve. Departing from the Federal Air Executive Lounge at Johannesburg International Airport, the service is operated with aircraft from the latest model Cessna Grand Caravans as well as twin-engine piston aircraft's.
- Transfers, provided by a our preferred suppliers, can be arranged at an additional cost
- Quotes can be provided on request.
- Transfers costs range from 3 000.00 - 5 000.00 ZAR, one way, subject to the number of guests travelling, the pick-up point, availability of a driver.
- Transfers are payable upfront, along with accommodation.
Madikwe Air Charters
- Please note that flights can only be booked along with accommodation.
- Flight bookings are subject to a non refundable 10% administration fee and must be booked and paid upfront.
- Transfer between airstrip and lodge will be provided by the lodge.
For more information on our 2015 & 2016 Madkiwe Air charters & Schedueles with pricing please CLICK HERE or contact one of our Travel Consultants