Panoramic views, exotic sounds and wild perfumes of the bush are hallmarks of the Jamala Madikwe Experience. From its genteel position beneath a canopy of age-old Leadwood trees, the deck-fringed lodge gives way to views of open savanna lands and a watering hole that plays host to Africa's wildlife.
Designs from award winning chef Nico, titillate the senses with an array of sensual delights. Dine alfresco beneath Africa's ink-rich skies - cut with the brilliance of a million stars. Food aficionados can indulge in modern gastronomic treats served with the chic colonial charm and grace that is unique to Jamala Madikwe.
Madikwe is an ancient land where nature play out her age-old theatre of life and death between hunter and hunted. Well positioned within the reserve's treasure trove of animals, Jamala Madikwe reverberates with the call of birds and impish Vervet monkeys.
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- All meals as prepared by our award winning Chef
- All local drinks which includes a personal selection of house wines, teas and coffees
- Early morning and evening game drives in an open game viewer, accompanied by an experienced guide
- All transfers to and from the lodge to the landing strip
- All imported drinks and Champagne
- Madikwe Game Reserve entry fees per person
- Landing strip fees (if flying) person per flight
- Transfers to Madikwe Game Reserve
- Laundry requirements
- Telephonic and electronic communications
- All curio shop purchases
- Complimentary welcome drinks
- All meals as prepared by our award winning Chef
- All local drinks which includes a personal
of house wines, teas, coffees and soft drinks
- Early morning and evening game drives
- All transfers to & from the lodge to the
- Gate Entry -
- Flight Entry
- Subject to change & NWPTB terms and conditions
- Spa Treatments
- All imported Champagnes
- Children under 16 by special arrangement
- Under 16 requires the use of a private vehicle –
subject to availability and to be confirmed on enquiry, additional
- Exclusive use, no arrangements required
- Cancellations must be in writing and will be accepted from
date of receipt.
- 90 Days or longer, prior to arrival date - 10% of reserved
fee is applicable
- 90 to 61 days prior to arrival date - 25% of reserved fee
- 60 to 15 days prior to arrival –50% of reserved
fee is applicable
- 14 days and less - 100% of reserved fee is applicable
- Flights booked via FEDAIR is subject to their cancellation
In the event of a 100% cancellation fee, Jamala Madikwe will
undertake to reimburse 90% of the levied fee,
should the villa be resold for the period in question.
Deposit / Payment Policy:
- As per industry standards, a deposit is applicable to
secure a booking.
- Full prepayment or balance payments: 30 days prior to
- If booking is 30 days or less - full prepayment is required
- Payments must be received timeously
With facilities for a MAXIMUM OF TEN GUESTS, exclusivity is a hallmark
of this very special property
is beautifully positioned within the Madikwe Game Reserve.
Located in the North West Province, the reserve is home to the greatest
diversity of wildlife
in the southern region:
April (RAINY SEASON)
- Fourth largest reserve in South Africa at 75,000
- Full traverse rights over the 75,000 hectares
- MALARIA FREE so NO
- Home to the BIG FIVE
- Renowned for it’s successful WILD DOG
programme and sightings
- Includes both Black and White Rhino, Brown and
Cheetah and a plethora of other wildlife
- Extremely Low Impact Ratio: 1 bed to every 150
- Just 3 hours by road from Lanseria Airport to the
- Daily flights into the reserve is operated by Federal Air
- Options for private charter flights by way of
aircraft or helicopter
- Several transfer companies provide services to
and from Madikwe
Day Temperatures can vary but are usually hot and humid averaging
30°C, The highest rainfall months are between November and
September (DRY SEASON)
The winter months in Madikwe can be dry and cold with night
temperatures dropping to 2°C and Day temperatures averaging
23°C. Be sure to bring warm clothing.
10 maximum - (2 Guests sharing per Villa)
Applies to the use of all 5 Villas / or 8 guests or
No children under 16 years of age without prior
Private vehicle required for bookings with children under 16. Subject
to availability and additional charges apply for private vehicle usage
Use Child Policy:
Exclusive use, the child policy falls
Date range validity as indicated. Rates are
subject to change Check in / out and departure time: Check in 14h00 /
Check out and departure 11h00
Early arrivals and late departures by arrangement only
Departure times: Check in
time 14h00 and Check out/
Early check in and late check out subject to
availability and charges may apply. We recommend that adequate travel
be arranged for the duration of your holiday.
Things to bring on Safari
- A valid passport or travel document that will be valid for
the length of your intended stay. Your passport should have at least
TWO blank facing pages in it.
- A valid visa, if required.
- Sufficient funds.
- A return or onward ticket.
- Yellow fever certificates – if your journey
starts or passes through the yellow fever belt of Africa.
- A good pair of binoculars
- A camera or video camera
- Hats, sunglasses and sunblock
- Appropriate clothes for weather conditions
- A torch or headlamp
- Safari guides or bird books are always handy
- International converter plug for electronics
Levies are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notice.
They will be charged by the respective lodge to the guest's overall
bill and paid at check-out.
SAFARI AND DAILY GAME DRIVES
Enjoy daily game drives in pristine malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve.
Madikwe Game Reserve is an ancient land where nature plays out her
age-old theatre of life and death between hunter and hunted. Well
positioned within the reserve’s treasure trove of animals,
Jamala Madikwe reverberates with the call of birds and impish Vervet
monkeys. The lodge offers incredible safari experiences including
sighting of the big 5 and super 7. The ‘Big 5’
phrase referred to the five most dangerous animals in Africa to hunt.
The term is still used today but without the hunting connotation. The
“Super 7” phrase also includes the highly
endangered Wild dog and Cheetah.
Madikwe Game Reserve is know as one of the best conservation areas in
all of Africa, at Jamala Madikwe you will get to experience this
diverse and rich ecosystem with over 130 mammal and 300 bird species
not to mention the vast landscapes of plant life that keeps the whole
reserve alive and healthy for all its inhabitants.
Twice-daily game drives at dawn and dusk form the daily routine of your
Safari day. You will witness sunrise and sunset under incredible
African skies whilst enjoying the daily animal sightings. A typical
game drive lasts approximately three to four hours and all game drives
are included in our rates.
GAME DRIVE VEHICLES AND
- Morning and evening game drives
- Big 5 game viewing
- 130 mammal and 300 bird species
We have three exceptional game rangers at Jamala Madikwe, they hold
FGASA qualifications, advanced rifle-handling as well as first aid
training. These qualifications ensure guests an exceptional and
informative game experience. Our greatest priority is guest safety. All
guides receive ongoing training and evaluations monthly within Madikwe
Game Reserve to ensure this.
We ensure two safari vehicles daily with a maximum number of six guests
to a vehicle depending on the size of the party. Private vehicles are
subject to availability at an additional cost. Please contact us
directly for availability and pricing
The term “Sofa Safari” does go hand-in-hand with
the Jamala experience. There are very few places in Africa where you
can sit and watch wild elephants play at a waterhole 20 meters in front
of you. The Sofa Safari will evoke incredible emotion for any traveler
young or old.
A unique experience to Jamala Madikwe the pool safari. Refresh, relax
and revitalize at our large swimming pool situated at the edge of the
Jamala waterhole under an ancient Leadwood tree. The vantage point will
offer incredible wild life sightings while you bathe in the glorious
African sun. The pool deck also offers a wide range of drinks available
from the open-air bar.
AWARD WINNING CUISINE AND
Dine alfresco beneath Africa’s ink-rich skies, cut with the
brilliance of a million stars. Food aficionados can indulge
in modern gastronomic treats served with the chic colonial charm and
grace that is unique to Jamala Madikwe.
Designs from our award winning chef Nico Verster titillate the senses
with an array of sensual delights. Jamala Madikwe has been awarded
numerous awards for its outstanding cuisine. Look out for the Jamala
Madikwe Cookbooks, Savannah to Sea and Safaris and Spices by Nico
Breakfast is served daily at the main lodge after morning game drive
and usually finishes around 11 am; no buffets here strictly beautifully
plated food. Enjoy a relaxed high tea with numerous sweet and savory
treats in the afternoon just before the evening safari. Upon return to
the lodge indulge in an intimate table for two in one of our numerous
DECK BAR GIN TASTING
- Outdoor Boma dining area
- Romantic watchtower dinner
- Star lit pool deck dinner overlooking the Jamala Madikwe
- Award winning cuisine
- Degustation menus with wine pairings
Indulge in a classic gin and tonic experience whilst enjoying waterhole
views at Jamala. We have hand selected some of South Africa’s
best Gins for you to enjoy whilst you watch crimson skies across the
An extraordinary way to experience an afternoon at Jamala is to sit
aloft the watchtower whilst observing spectacular scenes of mother
nature’s bounty unfold. Numerous seating areas on top of the
tower give you uninterrupted views across the Dwarsberg mountain range.
The watchtower is the ideal place for an afternoon nap, sipping on
champagne or enjoying a romantic private dinner.
WELLNESS FACILITIES ROYAL
SPA AND GYM
The Jamala Madikwe spa is a tranquil space where you can reconnect
mind, body and soul to nature. A calming and relaxing area where the
daily worries can be forgotten. Our bespoke spa menu features signature
treatments unique to Jamala to create an immersive experience, which is
The Jamala Spa is proud of our South African heritage the Charlotte
Rhys Spa product range includes Baobab Oil and Kalahari Melon Seed Oil
as well as Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract. These products are Eco-Friendly and
approved by Beauty Without Cruelty. The LaMelle skin care range
contains ingredients that moisturize, protect, soothe, and reduce free
radicals and pigmentation, it’s topical growth factors also
increase new collagen development. The Spa is open daily between 8am
The Jamala Gym is complimentary for all our guests. Equipment includes
treadmill, elliptical, exercise bike, free weights, and TRX training.
- Full body detox, detox body polish and detox massage
- Full body relaxation, relaxing full body and head massage
including aromatherapy, swedish, deep tissue and hot stone massage
- Manicure / Pedicure / Facials / Waxing
- Jamala masculine experience, for him
- Jamala experiences, including hot stone massage and mineral
- Jamala experience, with detox sea salt scrub and deep
Every vantage point around Jamala offers a chance to capture that dream
Safari image. Numerous areas around the lodge will give you access to
the private waterhole where a plethora of animals congregate.
Photographers will enjoy uninterrupted scenery and endless opportunity
to capture Africa’s most impressive species interacting in
their natural environment.
We offer hand crafted and bespoke items in the Jamala Madikwe curio
boutique. If you need a small bronze or a bespoke piece of jewelry for
that special loved one we can assist. We keep numerous African
Artifacts and other worldly items perfect for any special occasion or
that last minute gift from Africa.