This elegant multi-level villa is built to blend seamlessly with its unspoilt riverine setting. And can accommodate up to six adult guests in three double bedrooms, each boasting a king-sized bed, gas fireplace, air-conditioning, an electronic safe, and a spacious tree- shaded deck. The splendid bathrooms all have tubs with spectacular wilderness views as well as indoor and outdoor showers.
The separate family room/study can comfortably sleep four junior guests in four bunk beds, from where they can access recreational amenities like satellite TV, a PlayStation, a computer with complimentary WiFi, and a range of DVDs.
And to ensure your stay is nothing short of absolutely fabulous, the River House offers guests a staff of seven to eight to tend to your every need including a personal guide, tracker, chef, butler, hostess, nanny, and housekeepers.
The superbly appointed living area has a welcoming lounge with fireplace, a gracious dining room that can seat a party of ten, and a cosy Boma where you can gather around a crackling bonfire for an unforgettable al fresco dining experience.
A wooden terrace surrounds the villa perimeter, providing optimal privacy if you’re seeking some me-time, and connecting to a suspended riverside walkway for the more energetically inclined and the heated pool where you can lose yourself in the restful background harmonies of the river’s cascading waters.
- River House Rates 19
- Among other things
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|Morukuru River House
4 guests per / night
Infants (0 to 2 years ) are accomodate free of charge
adults pay extra adult rate per night
(16 years & older)
children pay extra child rate per night
(2 to 16 years)
|Validity Period||Seasonal Rates||Seasonal Rates||Seasonal Rates|
|30 Jun 2018 to 02 Sep 2018||R44 175||R8 450||R4 215|
|03 Sep 2018 to 28 Sep 2018||R29 760||R5 950||R2 975|
|29 Sep 2018 to 04 Nov 2018||R44 175||R8 450||R4 215|
|05 Nov 2018 to 14 Dec 2018||R29 760||R5 950||R2 975|
|15 Dec 2018 to 06 Jan 2019
- min. of 4 nigths 6 adult & 4 children
|Rates inclusive of 15% VAT • South African Rand • Subject to Availability|
|LOW SEASON HIGH SEASON PEAK SEASON
7 Jan - 8 Feb 2019
4 Mar - 5 Apr 2019
6 May - 28 Jun 2019
2 Sep - 12 Oct 2019
4 Nov - 13 Dec 2019
9 Feb - 3 Mar 2019
6 Apr - 5 May 2019
29 Jun - 1 Sep 2019
13 Oct - 3 Nov 2019
14 Dec 2019 - 5 Jan 2020
Min 4 nights
|3 bedrooms en-suite + children's bedroom||Exclusive-use, occupancy: Up to 6 adults & 4 children - Children of all ages welcome- Infants (under 2 years) are accommodated free of charge|
|MINIMUM HOUSE RATE (4 guests / night)||R 32,640||R 48,960||R 97,920|
adults pay the extra adult rate per night
(16 years and over)
|R 6,530||R 9,410|
children pay the extra child rate per night
(2 to 15 years)
|R 3,265||R 4,705|
Between 24 and 28
Morukuru Farm House: R 30,000 per night for max 6 guests.
Additional guests: R 3,000 pppn
|Between 7 and 13 October 2018
Morukuru Owner’s House: R 30,000 per night for max 4 guests.
Additional guests: N/A
|Between 1 and 16
Morukuru Farm House: R 36,000 per night for max 6 guests.
Additional guests: R 4,800 pppn
- These special last minute rates cannot be combined with any special offer or package.
- The usual inclusions / exclusions, as well as usual Terms & Conditions apply.
- Subject to availability at time of booking.
Morukuru Family Journey
Book 4 nights Madikwe Game Reserve at Morukuru Owner’s House, River House or Farm House
and Book 3 nights De Hoop Nature Reserve at Morukuru Ocean House
and receive 2 nights free at AtholPlace Hotel in Johannesburg
- This is a combination offer of Owner’s House, River House or Farm House in Madikwe Game Reserve and Morukuru Ocean House in De Hoop Nature Reserve.
- This offer is also valid for 3 nights Madikwe plus 4 nights De Hoop Nature Reserve.
- Transfers to/from Madikwe Game Reserve are not included. Transfers to/from AtholPlace Hotel are not included. Roadtransfers from Cape Town to De Hoop Nature Reserve and v.v. not included.
- Standard rates and conditions apply for Madikwe Game Reserve and De Hoop Nature Reserve.
- AtholPlace Hotel in Johannesburg on bed & breakfast basis.
- Not combinable with stay longer offer or honeymoon offer
Relais & Chateaux South Africa sample itinerary
Ultimate Route of Happiness
Looking for a great itinerary for a couple, a family, friends or honeymooners? What about the following suggestion, based on Relais & Chateaux properties in South Africa:
- 2 nights at AtholPlace Hotel & Villa in Johannesburg
- Federal Air flights
- 3 nights at Morukuru Family in Madikwe Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Londolozi in Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- Private air charter or road transfer
- 3 nights at Camp Jabulani near Hoedspruit
- SA Express flight Hoedspruit-Cape Town
- 3 nights at Ellerman House in Cape Town
All special offers are applicable to new bookings only
MORUKURU FAMILY MADIKWE
Stay 4, Pay 3
The same 4=3 stay/pay offer is also valid:
For all stays in September 2018.
For all stays between 5 November and 14 December 2018
Minimum 3 guests. Subject to availability
For groups of 3 guests or more, book 4 nights and pay 3 nights only.
For Morukuru Owner’s House, Morukuru River House and Morukuru Farm House
For all stays in May 2019
For all stays in September 2019.
For all stays between 4 November and 13 December 2019
Stay 3, Pay 2 at Morukuru Ocean House
This new special offer is valid for stays from 1 to 27 March 2018 and for stays from 12 to 30 April 2018.
The same 3=2 stay/pay offer is also valid:
For all stays in November 2018
Subject to availability
Morukuru Ocean House - Fly in package
Book 4 nights or longer at Morukuru Ocean House for minimum 6 paying guests and we will offer a one way private charter flight from or to Cape Town airport.
Validity: For all stays
Morukuru Ocean House - Family Offer
Book minimum 2 nights for minimum 6 paying guests and any additional children under 16 years old stay for free.
Validity: For all stays between 8 January and 21 December 2018.
Morukuru Ocean House - Whale season Offer
Book minimum 2 nights and receive 50% discount on any additional nights booked.
Validity: For all stays between 30 April and 28 September 2018.
3=2 Opening Offer - Book 3 nights and pay 2 nights only.
Morukuru Beach Lodge
The opening offer for Morukuru Beach Lodge has been extended and is now valid for all stays until 21 December 2018.
Morukuru Beach Lodge opens on 7 July 2018
For all stays until 21 December 2018.
Morukuru Beach Lodge - Family Offer
Book minimum 2 nights at Morukuru Beach Lodge and benefit from a reduced rate of R 5,355 for the second suite for max 3 children under 16 years sharing.
For all stays until 21 December 2018.
Morukuru Beach Lodge - Honeymoon Offer
The Bride receives 50% discount when staying 2 nights or more.
Validity: For all stays until 21 December 2018.
Conditions: The above special offers and packages are valid for new bookings only and they can not be combined, unless otherwise specified. Subject to availability. Normal Terms & Conditions apply, unless otherwise specified.
Morukuru Family Journey
Book minimum 4 nights in Madikwe Game Reserve plus 3 nights in Morukuru Ocean House and we will offer 2 free nights in AtholPlace Hotel & Villa, including breakfast.
For all stays between 1 January and 31 December 2018
City and Ocean
Book minimum 3 nights at Morukuru Ocean House and 2 nights at AtholPlace Hotel & Villa in Johannesburg and we will include two free one-way airport transfers in Johannesburg and a complimentary dinner at AtholPlace Restaurant one evening.
Validity: For all stays between 1 January and 31 December 2018
City and Bush
Book minimum 3 nights at Morukuru Family in Madikwe Game Reserve and 2 nights at AtholPlace Hotel & Villa in Johannesburg and we will include two free one-way airport transfers in Johannesburg and a complimentary dinner at AtholPlace Restaurant one evening.
For all stays between 1 January and 31 December 2018.
Conditions: The above special offers and packages are valid for new bookings only and they can not be combined, unless otherwise specified. Subject to availability. Normal Terms & Conditions apply, unless otherwise specified
On the banks of the peaceful Groot Marico River – River House
- The House can accommodate 6 adults and 4 junior guests
- The 3 suites are adorned with king size beds, sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies
- Junior guests are accommodated in our kids’ room (also used as a study) which is equipped with facilities like television, a DVD player and board games.
- The House is fully air-conditioned and also offers the option of ceiling fans, guest safes, internet , satellite television, small library of topical books and a selection of DVD’s and CD’s
- A heated infinity pool with inviting loungers, a boma for bonfire feasts, wooden veranda with romantic nooks and cosy views of the Marico river and an al fresco dining garden make this bush home a true haven
- The living space consists of a dining room, lounge, double view fire place and fully equipped kitchen which is available to guests at all times for snacks and drinks at their leisure and of their choice.
Morukuru Family is entirely centered on guest experience and delighting them. We can offer game drives, bush walks (children under 16 will have bush walks on non big five private Morukuru Family property), fishing, bird-watching, fun outdoor mini-adventures like supervised exploring for junior guests, romantic starlit sleepovers at the double-storey bird hide for adults, creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside. Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village are also a firm favourite. We also offer guests the possibility of having massages during their stay with our onsite therapists.
Morukuru Family is extremely child friendly as we welcome children of all ages. We have based our whole ethos around hosting families or groups of close friends. Our junior guests are allowed on game drives throughout the Madikwe Game Reserve and are able to enjoy every magical aspect of being on safari with their parents. Our children receive a Morukuru Kidz Backpack filled with Safari treasures. We offer the service of a Nanny for those parents that wish to have a little time to themselves allowing them to relax knowing their children are being cared for. Children are kept busy with baking, kiddie-adventures,
swimming, fishing and much more.
Food and Wines
Our chefs are meticulously trained and can provide a wide array of catering options from traditional, formal and nouvelle cuisine to utterly relaxed and casual snacks on demand and everything in between.
We encourage our guests to eat al fresco as much as our beautiful African weather allows and believe that every meal is an occasion. Guests are also able to personally select wines from our wine cellar to accompany and compliment their meals.
Morukuru Goodwill Foundation
The Morukuru Family believes in giving back to Africa and to her wildlife, in the form of preservation and conservation and to her local communities through education, empowerment and encouragement.
We are involved in various Wildlife and Community projects: removing alien vegetation from the Madikwe Game reserve, assisting the Molatedi school library with book donations as well as soccer kits for the up and coming soccer stars, recycling initiatives, and assistance with Parks Board projects like darting, collaring and relocation activities.
Madikwe is a Big 5 reserve (top 10). Its extensive grass plains are home to game such as Gemsbok and Springbok and over 340 species of birds. The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and wildlife as well as a terrain and topography that offer ideal game viewing and photographic opportunities.
The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry Winters (May to August).
Summer: 25˚C(77˚F) – 40˚C(104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C(38˚F) – 23˚C(73˚F)
Classed as a semi arid region, rainfall amounts to about 500mm (19.5inches) per year, with most of the
rain falling in the summer months.
Madikwe Game reserve is malaria free. No Malaria medication is necessary for your stay at any of the Morukuru Family private houses, but we do advise the use of insect repellant
- Exclusive use of the house
- Maximum 6 adults + 4 children
- Children of all ages welcome
- 3 spacious bedrooms en-suite
- Study / kids bedroom
- Airconditioning and ceiling fans
- Electronic safe in each bedroom
- Complimentary wifi
- Dining room
- Living room
- Large outdoor deck
- Sala at river level (Yoga space)
- Private pool (12 meter)
- River front location
- Fenced for security
- 8 staff including private guide, tracker, chef, host, butler and housekeeping
- Nanny service
- Private gamedrive vehicle
- All meals included
- All drinks included, with the exception of wines on the ‘Reserve list’.
- Safari activities included
- All ages are welcome
- All inclusive
- Child friendly
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Dining Room
- Electronic safe
- Exclusive use of the house
- Fully air-conditioned
- Heated infinity pool
- Indoor & outdoor showers
- King size bedrooms
- Morukuru Freedom Concept
- Nanny service
- Outdoor dining
- Private Butler
- Private chef
- Private Game Drive Vehicle
- Private Guide
- Wooden decks
Madikwe Reserve in which Morukuru is situated is approximately 360 km from Johannesburg and Pretoria a 3.5 4 hours drive. Guests taking the self-drive option should also inform Morukuru staff of their impending arrival at Madikwe Reserve gate, at which point a ranger will drive through, meet and personally escort them to Morukuru Lodge.
NB It is also imperative to note that there are no petrol stations within Madikwe, so the Sun City Village is the last petrol stop available before entering the reserve. Morukuru Lodge is located in the heart of the richly diverse and Malaria Free 75 000 - hectare Madikwe Game Reserve, located in the North West Province of South Africa. Close to the South Africa-Botswana border.
Federal Air operates a daily flight from Johannesburg International Airport to Madikwe Airstrip, departing at 11H15 and returning at 12H30. Private air charters fly directly to Madikwe airstrip, 25 minutes from the lodge. Morukuru Lodge is easily accessible by two-wheel drive vehicle on good roads. The driving time from Johannesburg is 3.5 hours on good roads. Chauffeured transfers are also available.GETTING THERE
We offer our guest the possibility of getting to and from the Morukuru Family private houses using our close partners Federal Air/Madikwe Charters.
The Federal Air Hangar and lounge is based at O.R. Tambo International Airport.
The duration of the flight from O.R. Tambo to Madikwe is +/- 50 minutes. All our guests are met on arrival at Johannesburg airport by a Morukuru representative and assisted through immigration, baggage collection and customs. They are then escorted to the Federal Air Kiosk (situated outside the
Intercontinental Hotel) and from there shuttled by road to the Federal Air lounge. The Federal Air shuttle bus passes every 20minutes and this is a complimentary service. Guests are able to make use of the Federal Air lounge where light refreshments and snacks are offered whilst guests can stretch their legs and wait for the departure of their flight to Madikwe. On arrival at the Madikwe airstrip, your Morukuru Family team will be waiting to take you through to your private villa.
Helicopter transfers can also be arranged should this be a requirement, we have a helicopter platform on our private property.
Madikwe Game Reserve is located 360kms from Johannesburg and is about a 4 hour drive. Sun City is located approximately 1½ hours from the Lodge. Transfer services can be arranged and include a personalised meet and greet service at O.R. Tambo International Airport or hotel and the services of an
English speaking driver or language guide if required.
Ratesare subject to change without prior notice.
- Morukuru Farm House: up to 10 guests (5 presidential bedrooms, all en-suite)
- Morukuru River House: up to 6 adults & 4 children (3 presidential bedrooms en-suite & 1 kids/study room)
- Morukuru Owner’s House: up to 4 guests (2 presidential bedrooms, both en-suite)
- VIP Meet & Assist at OR Tambo International Airport
- Private and exclusive use of the houses
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Local softdrinks, water, juices, coffee, tea
- Local house wines & local spirits
- Private chef, butler, host and housekeeping staff
- Private game drive vehicle
- Private bush walks (16 years and older)
- Sundowner drinks
- Road transfers within Madikwe Game Reserve
- Entrance fee / reserve gate fee
- Laundry service
- VAT / taxes
- Road transfers to/from the reserves
- Flights to/from the reserves
- Massage treatments
- Cellar wines (Premium list)
- Local dancers
- African drummers
- Conservation activities
- Day trips outside Madikwe Game Reserve
- Curio shop purchases
- All combinations are permitted.
- A minimum stay of 4 nights is required at the exclusive use houses, for reservations during Christmas/New Year “PEAK SEASON”
- Infants from the ages of 0 till 2 years are accommodated free of charge
The Morukuru Family reservations team will gladly assist with any road transfer or air transfer requirements you might have. Quotations on request. Please also check our special offers and packages
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES:
Regular check in time is from 14:00 PM, regular check out time is strictly 11:00 AM. Due to the specific nature of our exclusive-use houses in Madikwe Game Reserve and De Hoop Nature Reserve we have to be strict about these times.
Early arrival or late check out is only possible when an additional night is booked.
Morukuru Family gladly welcomes children of all ages in all private houses
We have fold away beds, baby cots, highchairs and car seats available. Our junior guests are allowed to participate in game drives, no matter their age.
Please ensure that you are in possession of a valid ID, a Visa (if applicable) and a travel and cancellation insurance policy covering - at least - injury, death, medical costs, repatriation, loss of or damage to personal belongings and cancellation costs. Families travelling with children under 18 years old should check the immigration regulations for South Africa, as additional documents may be required.
All clients shall settle their extra account prior to departure from the premises unless otherwise arranged.
SPECIAL DIETARY / MEDICAL REQUIREMENTS:
If guests have any medical problems, disabilities and/or allergies that may affect their holiday, please inform us before confirming the booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the arrangements we provide. In any event guests must give us written details before booking. If we reasonably feel unable to accommodate the particular needs of a guest we reserve the right to decline the reservation or, if full details are not provided at the time of booking, we may need to cancel the reservation when we become aware of the situation. Normal cancellation policy will apply. We cannot be held responsible if we are not advised at the time of booking.
- A deposit of 10% will secure your reservation for all our properties.
- We kindly request you to pay this deposit within 1 week after receiving the confirmation from Morukuru Family.
- We request to pay the full balance of accommodation 30 days prior to date of guests’ arrival. For bookings made less than 30 days prior to stay, full payment must be received immediately.
- Morukuru Family reserves the right to automatically release reservations being held for which a deposit payment has not been received. After your booking has been confirmed, any amendments will be done subject to availability.
- A fee will be charged for amendments at our discretion.
- For Christmas/New Year “PEAK SEASON” reservations a deposit of 10% will secure your reservation. We kindly request you to pay this deposit within 1 week after the booking is confirmed by Morukuru Family.
- Please pay 50% of the total amount on the 1 st of July of the booking year and the full balance of accommodation 30 days prior to the date of guests’ arrival. Standard cancellation fees will apply. Morukuru Family reserves the right to
- automatically release reservations being held, for which deposit payment has not been received. After your booking has been confirmed, any amendments will be done subject to availability. A fee will be charged for amendments at our discretion.
- All cancellations must be made in writing. No telephonic or verbal cancellations will be accepted.
- If a booking is cancelled after confirmation, the 10% deposit will be forfeited.
- In addition, for AtholPlace Hotel (superior and deluxe suites) the following fees will be levied:
- Cancellation within 2 days before arrival – 100% of full amount
- For our private houses and AtholPlace Villa the following fees wil be levied:
- Cancellation within 60 days before arrival – 50% of full amount
- Cancellation within 30 days before arrival – 100% of full amount
As from early February 2018 the pool at Morukuru Ocean House will be properly heated, thanks to the new pellet burner system. The same system is also being installed in Morukuru Beach Lodge, meaning that the swimmingpool there will also be heated. Guests will be able to enjoy the pools year round at both properties, which is a nice added selling point for Morukuru Family De Hoop.
Check in from 14h00 and check out at 11h00 strict.