MINUTE RATES 2017
|Double suite =2 pax)
|Single suite (1 pax)
|Family suite (Sleeps
515.00 per suite
985.00 per suite
925.00 per suite
*Single supplement applies from 1st suite booked on last minute rates.
*No 1 night stay reservations over weekends on last minute rates
- Luxury accommodation
- Three meals daily
- Two game drives daily
- Airport departure taxes
- All beverages
- Park entry fee to the reserve of R180.00 per adult and
R80.00 per child
- Airstrip landing fee of R240.00 per adult and R150.00 per
- Telephone calls
- Curio purchases
- Additional activities
- Wellness treatments
– MAIN CAMP
Set in the rolling hills of the 75 000 hectare malaria-free
‘Big 5’ Madikwe Game Reserve, Tuningi offers a
five-star African safari which is enhanced by personalised service in a
friendly and relaxed environment.
This private lodge accommodates 16 guests in four Luxury and two double
LITTLE TUNINGI PRIVATE
Little Tuningi, accommodating only six guests in unsurpassed luxury, is
part of the Main Lodge, but can be booked on an exclusive basis as
stand alone accommodation, making it ideal for families and small group
This private lodge has a separate Luxury Suite and one Family Suite
comprising of two en-suite bedrooms, an adjoining lounge and dining
room, kitchenette, wrap-around wooden deck and a separate private pool
and mini outdoor boma.
OVERLOOKING A WATERHOLE
AND SOME OF THE BEST VIEWS IN MADIKWE
Tuningi Safari Lodge Combines the Wonders of the African Bushveld with
the Splendours of Five Star Luxuries.
The main entertainment and reception area of Tuningi Safari Lodge
overlooks an active waterhole that provides fantastic game viewing from
the safety of an expansive wooden deck. The rim flow pool and comfy
lounges give the lodge a sumptuous and welcoming feel.
The décor at Tuningi Safari Lodge is African-chic, with the
main thatched lodge comprising of a sumptuous cosy lounge, a spacious
dining room and a well-stocked bar and wine cellar
These spaces are interlinked by a sweeping wooden pool deck and walkway
that leads to a boma under an ancient sprawling Fig Tree, from which
Tuningi derives its name. This boma deck is perfect for outdoor dinners
around a blazing log fire, where you can see and hear the wildlife just
a few feet away.
For guests who battle to divorce themselves from technology in the
bush, they are able to watch satellite TV, and connect with the
“outside world” with Wi-Fi, all provided in the
The ideal way for guests to catch up on some quiet time would be to
select a book from the library and settle down in the lounge or on one
of the outside decks to read, which is often highlighted by some game
Tuningi is family friendly through and through, and not only offers an
endless array of activities to keep the kids entertained, but
experienced baby sitters allowing some time-out for the parents.
FACILITIES AT A GLANCE
- Lounge & Dining Room
- Bar & Wine Cellar
- Boma and Viewing Deck Under an Ancient Fig Tree next to an
- Wooden Viewing Deck around a Rim-flow Swimming Pool
Overlooking a Waterhole
- Indulgent Massage Treatments
- Wi-Fi in the Main Lodge
- Fictional, Non-fictional Books & Novels
- Satellite Television in Main Lodge (sport channels only)
- Safari Gear on Sale
- Babysitting Service (additional cost)
All tariffs quoted are subject to change, without priornotice, however
rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured
- Deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is
required on confirmation. Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
- Three meals
- Two game
► Cancellation Policy
- All beverages
- Park entry
- In the event of a refund, a 10% administration fee
will retained for cancellations received after the card has been
- One week or less - 100% of full amount
- Two weeks before arrival - 75% of full amount
- Four weeks before arrival - 50% of full amount.
- All cancellations must be made in writing
► Arrival |
- Children of all ages are welcome at most of our
lodges (please enquire)
- Babysitters available
- Children under 6 years old are not permitted on game
- Children’s programs available at Tuningi
- Children between 2 – 12 years will pay the child
rate when sharing 1 chalet with 2 full paying guests (not the Family
- Creating triple suites in a Luxury Suite or adding an
additional child to the Family Suite will be subject to availability
based on occupancy (please contact Reservations).
- # Please Note: No single supplement for the first single
suite confirmed in any one reservation. Second single suite or more pay
a 50% supplement on the per person sharing rate.
► Flight | Air
Transfers | Private Charters
- Guests may arrive any time from 2pm, and rooms are to
be vacated by 11:00am.
- WHAT TO TAKE: • Comfortable walking shoes
• Sun hat • Sunglasses • Sun block
• Cameras and binoculars • Light, neutral
- coloured clothing • Swimming costume
• Warm jackets are essential in winter (May -October)
- GATE ENTRANCE FEES: Gates open @ 06h00 &
closes @ 21h00.
- Entrance fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Road, please
settle in camp.
We would like to inform
you that the park management of Madikwe Game Reserve has adjusted the
entry fees as of 1.1.2017:
- Daily scheduled MADIKWE AIR flights from O.R.Tambo
- Private charters are available on request •
Road transfers available on request
- Entrance Fee into the Madikwe Reserve by Air, please
settle in camp.
- Adults: R180
- Children: R80
- Day Visitors
per person or child
- Fly In Fees:
The following new levy will apply for reservations made at Madikwe Game
Reserve from 1 June 2017 and with a check-in date from 1 August 2017:
- All visitors: ZAR
150 per night
- Children under 12 years:
ZAR 75 per night
- Babies under 2 years: ZAR
Levies are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notice.
They will be charged by the respective lodge to the guest's overall
bill and paid at check-out.
Bookings with check-in before 1 August 2017 as well as bookings made
before 1 June 2017 will not be affected by this new levy.